Geraldine Plastering & Painting Ltd are highly experienced in all aspects of both Commercial & Residential Construction.
Is there a difference between Commercial & Residential Construction?
They are two completely different types of construction.
We strongly recommend using Commercial construction methods for commercial applications. Commercial Construction is normally constructed using metal stud walls with a grid (tile) ceiling system. These are designed to be modified as your business changes and grows.
Some of the reasons Commercial Construction is different;
- Ceilings can be easily accessed, modified, repaired or replaced.
- Lighting & air-conditioning systems can be moved around as your office or commercial space needs to change.
- Easier to add network cables or power points to walls when needed.
- No painting required for grid ceiling systems.
- No cornice or ceiling molding to install.
- Easier access for maintenance or modifications.
- Quicker Construction times.
- Less labour costs when building or modifying.
- Less Stopping & Painting.
- Less labour costs for trades during maintenance, modifications or repairs.
Residential Construction is normally constructed using timber studs, plasterboard sheets & normally has a square set or cornice ceiling molding. In most part this is because Residential Construction is designed to last as it is for a long time.